Terms and Conditions of the Business
Definitions of the terminology used in this document:
‘Websites 4 All’ is a Domain
Name owned by John Turner T/A Jawat Computers.
(b) A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organization using any of the services provided by John Turner.
(c) ‘Domain’ is the website address as specified by the Client.
(d) ‘Host Service’ is the facility used to keep the Clients website online.
(e) ‘Updating Service’ is the facility provided through the online Websites 4 All Admin Panel.
(f) ‘Content’ is the text and images provided by the Client for inclusion in the Clients website.
(g) ‘Royalty Free’ means images or text provided by the owner for use on the Clients website without charge or limitation.
(h) ‘3rd Party Software’ means software purchased from a 3rd Party for use in maintaining and updating the Clients website.
(i) ‘Open Source Software’ is software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
(j) ‘Content Management Software’ is software installed on the Clients computer that enables sections of the Clients website to be edited directly by the Client.
(k) A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken by John Turner for the client
(l) ‘Live Mode’ means the point at which the Clients website is available for viewing on the Internet
(m) ‘Published’ means the point at which the web site contents or updates are transferred to the ‘Live’ website for Public viewing.
(n) ‘Transfer Fee’ is the sum payable to arrange the transfer of the Clients Domain Name to a Host other than that used by Websites 4 All.
The contract between John Turner and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these terms must be agreed by both parties in writing.
All communication for the purposes of developing, editing or updating the Clients website will be by email or via the Website 4 All Admin Panel. All communication received will be acknowledged by email within 3 days
1. The Project to be carried out and an estimated completion date will be set out in the confirmation email from John Turner following the final consultation. The estimated completion date is provided in good faith on the basis of previous experience but is not guaranteed.
2. Work will commence upon payment of the agreed deposit/fee which shall be not refundable. Payment of the agreed monthly/annual charge shall commence on the agreed date and be paid monthly/annually thereafter into the specified bank account for the duration of the contract.
3. If not already registered by the Client, the chosen .co.uk or .com Domain Name will be registered free of charge (subject to availability) on the Clients behalf by John Turner acting as the Clients Agent. The Domain Name remains the property of the Client.
4. If the Domain is already registered or the Client chooses to register their Domain Name through another Agent, the Client shall be responsible (through its own Agent) for changing the Domain Name Servers to that provided by John Turner. The Clients website cannot be published until this step has been completed.
5. Domain names registered on the Clients behalf by John Turner will be renewed annually without charge for as long as the contract remains in force. It is the Clients responsibility to renew and pay for Domain Names registered through their own agent.
6. In the event that a Domain is deactivated as a result of non-payment of either the monthly payment to John Turner or the annual renewal fee to the domain Registrar, it will be the Clients responsibility to renew the Domain at the Clients expense.
7. The Client is responsible for carrying out such research as is required to ensure that the website concept, name, business is not in any way illegal and shall indemnify John Turner against any action arising from its content or use.
8. The Client is responsible for ensuring that the textual and graphic content of the website is accurate and legal in every respect and that all updates transmitted by the Client comply with this requirement. The Client will have the opportunity to view all revisions prior to publication.
9. Where images are used on the website, it is the Clients responsibility to obtain such permissions from the legal owner for reproduction on the Clients website and to ensure that Copyright Law is not infringed.
10. John Turner shall not be held responsible for website content published on behalf of the Client or that published by the Client from their own computer, either by the use of Content Management Software provided, via the Websites 4 Less Admin Panel or software provided by any other party.
11. The Client shall be responsible for purchasing all licenses required to allow the Lawful use of any software provided for use on the Clients computer other than Open Source software which is available for all to use free of charge and without a license.
12. Where software is to be installed on the Clients computer to enable updating and or management by the Client, a fee may be charged for installing and setting up the software if this service is required.
13. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all internal and external web links open the intended target, this cannot be guaranteed. It is the Clients responsibility to monitor these functions and to report any problems to John Turner who will take appropriate steps to correct any broken links within a reasonable time frame.
14. Whereas every effort is made to optimize web sites for Search Engine recognition (SEO), no guarantee of search engine placement is made.
15. John Turner is not liable for any loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on any server or PC used in producing or publishing the Clients website. It is the Clients sole responsibility to maintain backup copies of any information or files relating to its website.
16. The Client shall be solely responsible for any services or goods offered on the Clients website, and for any financial liability or commitment arising there from.
17. John Turner cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Clients business operation, sales or profitability that might be claimed is a result of any service offered by John Turner.
18. The contract may be terminated at any time by either party by serving 30 days notice in writing. No Deposit or advance payment will be refunded in the event that the contract is terminated by either party.
19. If requested, and on payment of the ‘transfer fee’ John Turner will make all relevant information and files available to the Client or their Agent and will take all steps necessary to transfer the Domain within a reasonable timeframe..